Monday, February 9, 2009

aahhhh....I love the smell of blogging in the morning

Ta-da! Here it is: the first official blog post. Clearly we will have some kinks to work out before this train is running smoothly but we'll just have to figure it out as we go along. Anyways, I woke up this morning, let the dog out, ate a cup of cereal,

(hang on side note)

For some reason I can NEVER find clean bowls. To be honest there may be a reason for this. Last weekend chris (the husband) (after we split a 30 pack of coors light) decided he wanted some macaroni and cheese, this is at 11:00 on a Friday night mind you. I love mac-n-cheese- anything with cheese really. Cheese and bread. Cheese, bread, and tomato sauce. Pizza is....well you know, I've told you. Anyways, so I'm sitting on the couch watching some crappy B movie where the heroine's breasts weigh more than her body weight and she can't seem to figure out why her life is in the gutter. I was watching this beautiful figure on t.v., feeling like a fat kid and I started to getting really REALLY hungry and annoyed that he can't boil noodles fast enough. I'm not able to recall the exact chain of events, but chris brought me a bowl of the freshly made macaroni and we started eating. This is where the moment gets really fuzzy for me- I was 11 beers in mind you- he did something or said something I found rather irratating.
(Second Side note:)
Being a first born child with two younger brothers I developed a particular skill or talent. When I say I have a talent I mean I'm able to find what bothers someone and push that button. and push it. and push it. and push it. and push it. Just because it bothers them and I know it bothers them--terrible I know, but don't act like you've never done it before (and we were watching a crappy B movie if you remember)!!!
So back to the story: Chris had done something or said something I found rather irratating. I started pushing his 'don't tell me what I've done wrong button.' He got so pissed off at my goading with out a word he shot up off the recliner, walked the three steps right into our kitchen; and HURLED the bowl of steaming kraft blue-box macaroni at the sink from 8 feet back, missing the sink and hitting the back splash, thus shattering the bowl and causing a macaroni shower all over the floor, cabinets, sink and window which our dog black betty immediately started eating.

This wouldn't be a big deal if we hadn't JUST received the bowl as part of a set for a wedding present. The most disheartening part of the story is that we only own 2 sets of dishware. The first I got in college, the second a wedding present. The even more disheartening part of the story is that now we are a bowl short in both sets because once very long ago I was washing a bowl from the first set of dishware in my old apartment and Chris had done something or said something I found rather irratating.....and I HURLED the bowl at his head and missed, shattering the bowl against the wall. So I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised that we never have clean bowls or enough bowls for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment