Monday, February 23, 2009

MEMORIES and To


LESLEY:


I find as the days pass in a blur, my memories sometimes go with them. Having said that, I want to be able to remember some of the moments between us. Let's use this blog to remind each other of the moments in our lives that bring smiles to our faces or at one point in time, brought us closer!


Ok, Jess (and Tay!), here it is! I have been promising you this since your wedding. I was actually at my computer and thinking about it today, so I decided to post it on our blog. This, of course, is the speech I had originally written for your wedding. Enjoy! I love you!



For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Lesley. I am blessed and honored not only to be here today but to call Jessica and Chris my friends.

I have known the happy couple for almost six years now. I had the unique experience of being friends with Tay first. We met in spring of 2003, shortly after he transferred from Arkansas. At the time, Jess was attending Missouri Southern. Even before I met Jess we would occasionally talk on the phone if ever she called and I happened to be in the boys’ room.

I remember the first time I met Jess, one weekend she came to visit Tay. When I walked into the room, she was sitting at the kitchen table. I sat down and we started talking like we had been life long friends. I immediately noticed her articulate speech, her ability to make others laugh, her honesty, and her kindness. Over time, and especially after she transferred to Missouri State, I saw her persuasiveness, her passion, and her care free attitude.

Over the years, the three of us (and many friends here) have shared many moments that will last us a lifetime. From the broken ankles, the history tests, the surprise parties, the parties on Cherry Street, the sneaking of liquor into the dorms in bat bags, and the braces fund, to the Trifecta party, Qdoba, and Papa John’s Garlic sauce. There have been numerous slumber parties, generally after long nights of Harry Potter discussions (to which we can still not agree who to invite to our fictional dinner party!), our ritualistic visits to Trops before each baseball game, and our VIP Parking! We have coined phrases like, “Jess, Come out and play!” “Are you happy!?” "Good for him!" and “OH!”. We have spent entire afternoons drinking rum and watching the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and we have dented peoples’ cars with our high heels. Jess has not been able to find her phone about 85% of this time! We have enjoyed many a Sunday Funday and afternoons in our blow up pool. We have spent so much time together our dogs, Betty and Bear, are girlfriend and boyfriend.

Through all of these moments, two things have stayed true; two things have never faltered. The first, is Jess and Tay’s ability to be the kind of friends that everyone wants to have and the kind of friend everyone should strive to be. The second, and the most important, is their love for each other. May their love serve as an inspiration to each of you as it has to me for so many years. May your love remain strong enough to sustain you during times of struggle and enrich the good times you will share together. May today be the happiest day you have ever experienced together and may each day be happier than the one before.

Someone once said, “Show me your friends and I will show you your future.” On this day, the 20th of December, there is no other place that I would rather be than standing here, next to these two amazing people and I will be standing next to them in 50 years.

I ask you to raise your glass in a toast to the long awaited Mr. and Mrs. Taylor!


1 comment:

  1. I think your blog comments hates me. Everytime I try this and it tries to load the word I have to type in order for my comment to post the word never loads.

    Dear Seester,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! you are a wonderful speech writer. I wish you still had mine. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete